Sunday, May 31, 2009

O Frabjous Day!

O! Garden of earthly delights
Alights outside my dusty classroom window!
Old tomes shine from sunlit dustbunnies.
A veritable garden of Eden-
A veritable discotheque of Eden-
A veritable rodeo of Eden-
A Veritable Waterloo of Eden-
Whatever it is, it must be Eden!
Ticking clocks
Ticking down the seconds of life until that sweet sweet freedom
of this garden of pleasures.
Birds, lovemaking on the springtime breeze
Deer, lovemaking on the springtime breeze
Steve, lovemaking on the springtime breeze
Oh shit, he’s at it again. Somebody get the hose.
Ow!
Sorry professor,
a dog walked by the window,
you know how I get sometimes.
RRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Done! I’m outta here!
Do? What should I do?
carpe the diem, as my Uncle Roberst would say?
Ab asino lanam, as my friend Butch Er would say?
Ave caesar! Morituri te salutamus, as Cuz Frightyear would say?
Nope, I’m going home to sleep
I’m going gravedigging come the bewitching hour…

No comments:

Post a Comment