Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jesus in the Ice Cream

I’m tempted to reveal it
Like Jesus in the wilderness
Hidden secrets,
Darkened treasures
Ancient memories that can’t bear to see the light of day
It’s sitting in my basement
Waiting not to be revealed

I must tell!
No! Fuck no!
I swore a sacred oath upon Frankie’s grave
At Jimmy’s funeral
And again at Steve’s wake
But,
The devil that tempts me taunts me
With sugary teats:
Chocolate-covered men
Chocolate-stained overalls
Chocolate-stained rugs
Chocolate-stained breath
He plays a chocolate fiddle
O glorious music play!
O Caloo Monet!
Quickly moving Satan-hands
Over strings made of lost souls

Oh how I am tempted...
The promises he makes!
You will have kings before you, hands on their swords
You will have beasts of all kind call you master
You will have all 151 Pokémon (including mew)
You will have souls coming out the wazoo
You will have me…
I think I might reveal it
Like Jesus at the Ice-Cream Social

No comments:

Post a Comment